Friday, March 19, 2010

What the Doc said....

I got back on Wednesday, and hit the ground running. We are hosting a the Highlands Conference this week. All the missionaries from this region, the region I serve in, are here to be brought up to date on what God is doing in other works through out the region. It is a little break for the missionaries, and they get some time with others who are like minded. I think that they really enjoy an opportunity to spend time with the other missionaries. This is a great time for them to reconnect and encourage each other. This week we are cooking for about 100 people! And I love it.

Well I had my MRI and saw the Doctor last Friday, the Doctor confirmed that there is a bulging disc in my back. Thankfully he said that it is not severe and WILL NOT need surgery. So he referred me to a physiotherapist, I was thankful that I was able to get two appointments in before I flew back to PNG. The therapist gave me some exercises to do to strengthen the muscles in my neck, she said that this would help reduce the strain on my neck and allow the muscles to support my head more than the spine. As I think about the problem I can see how it has improved since the beginning of February. There is also a physical therapist here at our support base and I hope to see about getting a few sessions with her.

Lastly, I would like to say thank you first and foremost to God- for providing such a wonderful group of men and women who are a part of what God is doing here in PNG. Also for Him using you to provide for this trip. As it looks the entire trip has been covered. I will know more once the final bills come in. But from what I can tell I have all the necessary funds, THANKS! Thank you to all who were involved in making this happen- through prayers and finances. God is good, all the time. All the time, God is GOOD.

And let us remember God is good whether He would have chose not to provide in this way or even if I had needed surgery. No matter what our circumstances God is ALWAYS good. His goodness never depends on our circumstances!

1 comment:

  1. Such a good reminder that His goodness doesn't depend on our circumstances!! Sometimes it does get hard to keep that in focus. Thanks for the encouragement Nate!! Praying for you! Take care of yourself my friend!

    ReplyDelete