Friday, March 5, 2010

Where I serve













I wanted to get some photos up so that you can see what it is like here in Papua New Guinea(PNG). These are a couple of aerial shots of Interface (ITF). We have 8 house used as staff homes and one duplex, half being a staff home and the other half being the office. We also have a large classroom, a kitchen/dining hall, and a large workshop, and 24 cabins. The main kitchen is where I work, it is in the photo to the right- it is close to center.

I and three other single guys stay in
cabins. There is a very nice intern kitchen that we use (haus kuk in pidgin), it also serves as a place to hang out.You can see three cabins (above right) they are in the bottom right of the photo. To the right, is a picture of the inside of my cabin. As you can see the walls are really thin- made out of bamboo, called pitpit. This serves in allowing the local village rooster to be my alarm clock most mornings. In the next few days I hope to post some news about the group of students who were here in January.




3 comments:

  1. Wow! You guys must've finished the haus kuk. Congrats! It looks great! Are you not staying at the Germans' anymore? Praying for you!
    Abby Case

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just moved into Laura's old house last week. It's nice to live in a real house! And Bravo on the Pidgin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, did Laura go home? I think I knew that... And thanks, I must admit that Spanish has been slowly taking over my brain but I can still remember Pidgin. I studied it for 3 years after all =)

    ReplyDelete